Thursday, February 10, 2011

Singapore: Shiraz, Persian Cuisine

Whenever I'm around my friend from Pakistan I end up experiencing new things. Last January he brought me and other friends to an Iranian restaurant. He insisted we go there because he wanted to make sure that all the food served was halal. Aside from the delicious food he said that there was a belly dancer in the resto.


I honestly had no inkling about the different dishes so I just to my friend about my allergies and left the ordering to him. Here's what we had:

For starters, we had hummus, garbanzo beans mixed with tahina garlic, lemon and touch of olive oil. I took a tentative dip, but soon gobbled up at lot of it!




We also had the Chef's Signature Platter, a combination of 4 all time favorites. I loved the spinach,  meatball and eggplant. I actually finished off the platter when everyone was focusing on the main meal. Teehee.


For our main dish we had a platter of food, filled with lamb, beef, chicken and some seafood. I forgot already what it's called, but I sampled everything I wasn't allergic too and got one of the huge grilled tomatoes. It was definitely a sumptuous meal and even though there were six of us we weren't able to finish off the whole platter.


I had a lovely evening with friends from different countries. It was entirely a new and exciting experience for me to try out persian cuisine and it's something I'm on the lookout for locally now. I'm definitely hooked to kebab and grilled tomatoes now.

Oh, and here's the authentic belly dancer!



Shiraz (map)
Clarke Quay,
Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment