Saturday, September 12, 2009

Philippine Airports: New Bacolod-Silay Airport


The first time I went to Bacolod, the airport was still located at Bacolod City. It was small, did not have aircon and if I remember correctly I didn't even need to pay for airport terminal fee. I heard back then that a new airport was being built.



I only learned about the new Bacolod Silay Airport when I was looking for a hotel to stay in. I got confused about the location since it said in news articles that it was in Silay. I thought that Silay was hours away from Bacolod City. So I promptly buzzed my friend, Jako, to ask if Silay was far from Bacolod. He told me not to worry since the airport was just 20 minutes away from Bacolod City.

The last time I flew in Bacolod it was dawn so I didn't see the landscape. I flew out the same day after sunset so I again didn't see the landscape. When I flew in yesterday I was awed with the lush greenery that welcomed me as the plane was landing. Like Iloilo, the Silay landscape was flat and green, green with tubo.



What a beautiful city! The airport is also a tremendous upgrade from the old Bacolod City airport.

Quick info:

Location: Silay City (map)
To-Fro Bacolod City: 20 minutes
Taxi Fare: PhP400 (better haggle because they won't meter it)
Wifi: they have one, but don't count on it
3G: via Globe, non-existent

2 comments:

  1. ohhh nice !
    now I know more about Bacolod than just chicken. :) hope i could visit in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sweetie I wanna go back for a vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete